CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Personal note from the Programme Chair
I am Isabel Evans, and it is my honour, privilege and delight to be chosen as the Programme Chair for HUSTEF 2018, in Budapest, 29-31 October. I am looking forward very much to working with the HUSTEF Board and programme committee to create HUSTEF’s 8th annual conference in Budapest.
I attended two HUSTEF conferences as a tutorial and keynote speaker (2015 and 2016 ) and enjoyed its friendly atmosphere, the deep discussions with fellow attendees and speakers, and the opportunities for learning. HUSTEF has grown into an international conference over its 8-year history, last year there were 36 speakers and 650+ attendees from over 25+ countries. HUSTEF is building year by year into a community of passionate, like-minded, and yet diverse testers, from a range of backgrounds, industries, and countries. To celebrate this, and to build on HUSTEF’s growth, the theme for this year’s conference is:
Sharing + Diversity + Knowledge
I am passionate about diversity in the technical industries. For us to serve our customers, and to serve society, the technical solutions we offer must be suitable for, adapted for and welcomed by the people to whom we deliver solutions. As a testing industry we need diversity in the people working in testing, diversity in the knowledge we have, diversity in the methods we use. There is not one right way to be a tester, there is not one right approach to testing. At HUSTEF 2018, I want us to celebrate and understand the diversity of technology, solutions, methods, and people that we need to make our industry ready for the challenges ahead. I am so pleased to be working with Tibor Csöndes, and the team to make HUSTEF this year the best so far!
We want to hear from you: your stories, your experiences, the lessons you can share. I am personally inviting you to submit your presentation to HUSTEF 2018, to share your story about testing. Be part of this prestigious event in Budapest this year!
Programme Chair of HUSTEF 2018
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
Test Approaches, Types and Techniques (for example):
- Model-based testing; Exploratory testing; Requirements and user scenarios; Risk based testing; AI, Machine learning; Experiences in Functional Testing; Experiences in Non-functional testing: Performance, Reliability, Stability, Interoperability, Recovery, Usability, Accessibility, User eXperience (UX), Localization, Security; Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
Test Management and Process (for example):
- Managing the test project; Business value of testing; Test process improvement; The use of metrics in testing, software quality management, measuring quality; Testing and its place in the overall project and domain; Testing in agile teams, testing in traditional projects, plus transitioning and transforming testing; Prevention and early detection of software defects.
Test automation, tooling, environments and technical topics (for example):
- Test automation – case studies, successes, benefits, pitfalls, lessons learned of test automation; Test environment and test data management approaches (esp. big data); Testing in the cloud; Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment (CDy) and Continuous Testing (CT); DevOps.
People and Teams (for example):
- Gamification; People and testing; Encouraging diversity in teams; Knowledge sharing, skills transfer; Test competence development and testing skills improvement; Working with diverse stakeholders, learning from stakeholders, managing stakeholders; Working with distributed teams, teams across international borders, learning from other cultures and approaches.
Future of Testing (for example):
- Recent research achievements in software testing; Technology challenges; Testing infrastructure, automation, tooling, environments and data; The growth in technology – increasing diversity of technology.
Submission of title, authors and extended abstract
Notification of acceptance
Submission of final presentations (slides)
We are interested in hearing your experiences in industry, case studies, lessons learned; academic studies and research; visions for the future of testing, or special sessions.
In the Call for Papers, we are seeking proposals by test practitioners and researchers for 20-30-minute conference presentations, including questions. The final length will depend on the number of accepted proposals.
Submissions should demonstrate a message for a broader user community and should not focus on marketing, tooling or service details. A proposal for a conference presentation must follow this template:
Show how you meet this year’s theme: Sharing + Diversity + Knowledge. Think about your topic and talk level. Describe a problem, a solution you propose, and what the audience will take away. Beginner sessions introduce and teach concepts and skills that are needed by people new into their role. Advanced sessions provide new insights, discuss/explain complex challenges, and add to industry knowledge. Intermediate talks may address some new challenges but should be suitable for most conference delegates.
The independent Programme Committee, composed mostly of industry representatives, will evaluate all proposals. Please submit your proposals in PDF format via EasyChair.
Please note that the programme, including the presentation slides of accepted presentations, will be made available electronically (video and PDF slides) to participants on the conference website.
Tools and test services can be promoted in the vendor sessions organized for partners. If you would like to be a partner in organizing the conference, please contact Csilla Kohl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
HUSTEF Talent Programme
Year by year there are more and more submissions and the chance to make the programme is drastically decreased for novice speakers with no reference (for eg. video recording of your previous talks). With HUSTEF Talent Programme we would like to give a chance for those, who have no or very little previous experience in speaking in front of a larger audience.
HUSTEF Talent Programme is for those:
- who have no or not enough previous experience as a speaker (or simply lack of confidence) but eager to make the programme of HUSTEF 2018
- who have a really good topic but do not know how represent it
What we offer?
A unique opportunity of presenting yourself on Teszt & Tea “HUSTEF Talent Programme” Special Edition and later on selected speakers who make the programme of HUSTEF 2018 will receive further mentoring by our professional speakers.
Benefits of presenting at Teszt & Tea “HUSTEF Talent Programme” Special Edition:
- gain experience in speaking in front of a large audience (approx. 100-130 people)
- immediate feedback from the audience (your topic and you as a speaker will be evaluated on a 1 to 10 point scale) – we use the Sli.do app
- immediate feedback from a professional jury and an opportunity to discuss what was good and what shall be improved – one-to-one discussion, not in front of the audience
- your performance will be recorded → you can use it as a reference and you can learn from it! – won’t be published without your permission
- get the chance to be involved into a further mentoring program
- Teszt & Tea “HUSTEF Talent Programme” special edition meetup will be on 25 April, at Grund.
- we are looking for 15-min talks which fits to this year’s theme of HUSTEF “Sharing+Diversity+Knowledge”
- please send a short description of your topic (max. 300 characters), a short bio (max. 200 characters) and a picture of you via e-mali: email@example.com
- please note all your slides are supposed to be in English
Deadline of the application is 23 April.
All speakers are welcome to the conference, which means you have free access to the conference & social event. Additionally, speakers are invited to an exclusive Speakers’ Dinner with the Programme Chair, Keynote Speakers, Partners’ representatives and Members of the Committees.
The HUSTEF Organization can cover the accommodation costs for presenters who are non-residents of Budapest (three nights with breakfast), if required. Please ask us!